Note: This is NOT ArtCorgi’s current Terms of Service agreement; our present terms can be found here: ArtCorgi.com/TOS/
Welcome to ArtCorgi!
Our mission is to make it easy for you to discover and commission original work from up-and-coming artists. We aim to deliver all of the fun and fulfillment that accompanies being a patron of the arts without any of the hassle, ambiguity, and uncertainty that plagues those who approach artists independently.
By accessing ArtCorgi.com, reviewing our content and artists’ work, and/or purchasing work through our site, you confirm that you agree to the terms of the agreement, which are outlined below.
It should be noted that some of these terms are required to help protect us from crazy litigious people and keep the government happy. As members of the online community we are committed to not act against the value system of our community when push comes to shove. If you have any questions or complaints about these terms, please let us know.
Qualifications for Using Our Site and Purchasing Work from Artists
You are eligible to use ArtCorgi if:
- You are 13 or older
- You have read our Copyright Policy
- You have read and agree to the terms of this agreement
You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish any content (such as reviews) you post on the site. This license exists only for as long as you choose to continue to include this content on our site and will terminate as soon as you remove it.
You will be given a worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-commercial, perpetual license with the right to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, and publicly display art you commission through ArtCorgi for personal purposes. You may not use samples of work provided by artists on our site without first gaining their permission. You may not use art you have commissioned through ArtCorgi for commercial purposes without first obtaining permission from your artist.
Conditions of Sale
You are eligible to purchase art through ArtCorgi if:
- You agree to submit full payment for original artwork upfront.
- You acknowledge that you cannot request an artistic style different from the style presented in a given artist’s sample image(s) unless that artist accepts special requests and is willing to negotiate a unique contract with you.
- You acknowledge that if you commission work from an artist as part of a special request, you are responsible for setting your own terms and that your experience will be less predictable.
- You are willing to upload reference photos and informative notes for your artist to use when creating your commission.
- You will only request subjects in commissions that the artist has approved (approved subjects, such as just the heads of two figures, or up to five dogs, are listed on each product page).
- You are willing to share what your primary use of the commission will be, so that your artist will know what orientation (portrait, landscape, square, etc.) to use with your commission.
- You acknowledge that you will only be able to give feedback on one rough sketch provided by your artist, and that you are comfortable giving your artist creative control (so long as he or she creates work in the style and of the quality of the sample(s) he or she presents on ArtCorgi.com).
- You are comfortable getting updates on your art commission purchases via email and are willing and able to retrieve your final work from a private Dropbox folder.
- You acknowledge that payment for original work through our site is nonrefundable unless the final work is never created, does not meet our standards (outlined below), or is late.
- You acknowledge that within 48 hours of your purchase, your artist may turn down your order (if this happens, you will receive a full refund, or, if you like, we will help you find another active artist’s work).
Our Quality Standards
We offer commissions based on very specific artist samples and leave little room for variation to ensure you receive the type of work you expect.
When you order a commission based on an artist’s specific sample, you can expect to receive art in return featuring:
- The subject(s) you provided in the form of reference photos (so long as they are in line with the subject(s) that are permitted alongside that sample).
- Work in the style of the sample you selected.
- Work in an orientation (portrait, landscape, square, Facebook-friendly, etc.) appropriate for the primary use you selected.
- Work featuring detail and quality equivalent to the sample you selected.
When you order a commission as part of a special request, which involves establishing unique terms with an artist and communicating with him or her directly via email to direct your commission’s creation, you will have a far less predictable experience and can only expect to receive a work along the lines of whatever agreement you establish directly with your artist.
Our Refund Policy
If your commission is not completed and delivered within your artist’s listed turnaround time for the style you selected, you have the option to cancel your order and receive a full refund at any point before the final work is delivered. Keep in mind that turnaround time does not include days spent awaiting responses from you (for example, if you wait three days before giving feedback on an artist’s rough draft, those three days will not be counted as part of your artist’s turnaround time). If a final work is delivered late, but you never canceled the order, you cannot ask for a refund unless the work does not meet ArtCorgi’s quality standards.
We do not provide refunds if you are unhappy with the final piece you receive. Artists spend significant amounts of time to create original work, and so long as they deliver what they promise (i.e., work that meets our quality standards), they deserve to be paid.
That said, you will receive a full refund if:
- Work you ordered is never delivered.
- Work you ordered does not depict the subjects you submitted via reference photos (so long as those subjects were on the list of approved subjects provided alongside the sample you selected) and you notify us of the problem via our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work’s delivery.
- Work you ordered does not present the artistic style of the commission sample you selected and you notify us of the problem via our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work’s delivery.
- Work you ordered is not in an orientation (portrait, landscape, etc.) appropriate for the primary use you selected and you notify us of the problem via our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work’s delivery.
- Work you ordered does not feature the same level of detail or quality shown in the commission sample you selected and you notify us of the problem via our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work’s delivery.
If your commission was created as part of a special request made of an artist, you will only be refunded if your artist fails to deliver the final work or if he or she fails to adhere to the terms you set in your customized agreement and you notify us of the problem via our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work’s delivery or established deadline. A special request commission is not under our jurisdiction unless we actively participated in the creation of your unique contract.
Whether work you ordered does or does not adequately depict your subject(s), the style, level of quality, or level of detail presented in the sample selected will be determined by a panel of other artists who provide work on our site. We defer to the opinion of artists rather than ArtCorgi staff as artists within our network have a stake in our site’s reputation, but not our general profits (or those of the artist in question). Our network of artists will only review quality disputes, not all work that is delivered through ArtCorgi.
If you do not submit a quality dispute for review on our quality assurance page within 48 hours of your work being delivered, we cannot provide a refund.
ArtCorgi’s Rights and Responsibilities
At any time, for any reason, and without notice, ArtCorgi may:
- Remove artist profiles.
- Delete customer accounts.
- Change list prices of available commissions.
- Access, preserve, and share your account and profile information in good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service, comply with a legal process, respond to a customer service inquiry, execute the general purposes intended by this website, respond to a third party’s claim that you have violated their rights, or protect your rights and safety, or the rights and safety of ArtCorgi, its members, its visitors, or the general public.
- Take any actions (be they legal, technical, superhuman, or other) necessary to enforce this agreement.
- Modify this agreement.
ArtCorgi is responsible for:
- Updating product listings through which art is commissioned.
- Providing art that you have commissioned in the manner we promise to provide it at the time of your purchase (which is stipulated on the product page for each commission style).
- Guarantee that the website will always be running without interruption.
- Guarantee that the website will be accessible via all devices, service plans, and geographical areas.
- Guarantee that work you commission through our site will meet our standards (if it does not, you will be issued a refund per our refund policy, which is explained above).
- Verify that artists on our site are who they claim to be or are as skilled as they claim to be. (We strive to be as accurate as possible when vetting artists we feature within our network, but can only vouch, to the best of our ability, that they have shown themselves to be trustworthy in our dealings thus far. Artists who prove to not be who they say they are, or who overstate their skills, will be removed from our network).
Your Rights and Responsibilities
Your Rights on ArtCorgi.com
On ArtCorgi.com, you can:
- Access our website.
- Browse through product listings.
- Browse through our blog and other site content.
- Commission original art.
- Sign up to sell original commissions through our site.
- Terminate this agreement by closing your account (should you have one) and ceasing to visit ArtCorgi.com.
Your Responsibilities on ArtCorgi.com
It is your responsibility on ArtCorgi.com to:
- Review our Copyright Policy.
- Notify us of security breaches.
- Comply with all applicable laws.
- Safeguard your account and your password.
- Notify us of unauthorized uses of your account.
- Not engage in activities that are not permitted on ArtCorgi.com, which are conveniently described below, and which would constitute a violation of this agreement.
Actions Not Allowed on ArtCorgi
On ArtCorgi.com, you cannot:
- Use this site to engage in any activity harmful to ArtCorgi or others.
- Link (from comments, reviews, or other content added to the site) to pages containing viruses, spam, Trojan horses, malware, or other harmful content or software.
- Harass another person on our site (this includes publishing personal attacks anywhere on the site as well as sending unwanted messages).
- Upload or post content that is abusive, sexually explicit, libelous, fraudulent, tortious, or an invasion of another’s privacy
- Violate intellectual property rights.
- Violate any laws (this includes but is not limited to: sharing information on ArtCorgi.com that is confidential, proprietary, or may count as libel, that might violate export controls, property, or tax laws, or that goes against other regulatory requirements)
- Utilize automated processes to access, make orders through, or post content on ArtCorgi.com.
- Simulate the appearance of ArtCorgi.com elsewhere online via methods including but not limited to framing and mirroring
- Delegate your rights and responsibilities in this agreement to someone else.
Limitation of Liability
ArtCorgi is not cumulatively liable for any damages in excess of the fees you have paid for our services.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify ArtCorgi against any and all damages, expenses, claims, liabilities, or losses related to your use of the site and our services.