We decided to have some fun at the end of October and commissioned a series of art commissions featuring the CEOs and founders of startups in our local area to say hello and give ourselves another excuse to commission awesome art.
We tried to give each portrait a theme inspired by the founder/CEO’s respective company. For example, we put Alex Karp of Palantir in a Lord of the Rings-inspired outfit with a palantír (a magical object from the LOTR series) in his hand.
Once the commissions were finished, we had them printed on life-sized ArtClings and delivered each piece of art, along with some ArtCorgi stickers and homemade snickerdoodles, to the startups’ offices.
Here are the ArtCorgi artists who did the portraits of each subject:
- Adam Nash of Wealthfront – by Louie Zong (temporarily unavailable for commissions)
- Adi Takato and Alon Cohen of Houzz – by Louie Zong
- Alex Karp of Palantir – by Andy Lamarca
- Dave Goldberg of SurveyMonkey – by Louie Zong
- Elizabeth Iorns of Science Exchange – by KrisBrannock
- Eric Migicovsky of Pebble – by Silvadoray
- Gabriel Leydon of Machine Zone – by PhuThieu
- Mike McCue of Flipboard – by Sarafinah
- Ron Gutman of Healthtap – by Lili Ribeira (vector illustrations)
- Steve Kondik of Cyanogen – by Silvadoray
- Tim Brown of Ideo – by Lili Ribeira (digital paintings)
- Tod Sacerdoti of Brightroll – by Lili Ribeira (vector illustrations)